Major Nelson has announced on bis blog that the ESPN app for Xbox Live is getting a few updates.
The new features in the update include:
- My Sports – Designate your favorite sports and/or teams and use this shortcut to jump to any games currently being played. It will also provide a daily personalized news feed.
- Mini Guide – The Mini Guide gives you a preview and quick access to content at the bottom of the screen.
- Split Screen – Watch two events at once. Watch live events on both screens or a live event on one while you catch up on news and highlights on the other. You can even control both screens independently, pausing and rewinding each separately.
- Voice Control with Kinect
- Scoreboard –A live college football scoreboard that you can jump to any time. This can be used in conjunction with the Split Screen function.
- Reminders – Tag games and set reminders.
- ESPN BottomLine – Breaking news and score updates from around the world of sports.
The split screen function is going to be the most useful. I haven’t met a sports fan yet that doesn’t flip between games.
The update is set to go live in late August.