If there’s any game that screams cult classic, it has to be Alan Wake. The game, while not immediately a critical success, was well loved by the press and gamers alike for it’s great story, brooding atmosphere, and tight gameplay. It felt like someone had combined both Twin Peaks and Twilight Zone into a horror game, and it even topped some of our author’s game of the year lists.
Unfortunately, while it did receive a downloadable sequel, a true full length successor has yet to be made, mostly due to the first game’s less than stellar sales figures. Still, Remedy Entertainment has both taken the time to explain to fans the future of the studio and the series (for those who don’t know, their new Xbox One game is an entirely new IP, not a continuation of the Alan Wake series).
Sam Lake, Remedy’s creative director, has made a video that not only explains the future of the series, but announces a brand new Humble Weekly Sale that features both games in the series. Under a pay-what-you-want model, gamers can purchase a bundle that includes both games (Alan Wake and Alan Wake: American Nightmare), and a handful of bonus content. Here’s what your purchase will get you:
Games (DRM Free, Steam Keys provided at $1 or higher)
- Alan Wake
- Alan Wake American Nightmare
- Early Alan Wake Demo Videos
- Harry Garrett Show (in-game video of Alan Wake being interviewed)
- ”Making of” Videos
- Alan Wake “Writer in the Cabin” clips
- ”Night Springs” Episodes (fictional TV show)
- ”Balance Slays the Demon” Music Video
- Alan Wake “The Movie” (full playthrough of the game)
- The Library of concept art and production photos
- Alan Wake Wallpapers
- Night Springs Comic Book
- Psycho Thriller Comic Book
- Alan Wake Visual Identity Guidelines
- Alan Wake Cardboard Cutouts
- Alan Wake Score Sheet Music
- Alan Wake Screenplays
- The Alan Wake Files Book
You can check out the Humble Weekly Sale here, and the video by Sam Lake above.